Monday, August 2, 2010

Photos from Akureyri

Here are the photos from my time in Akureyri thus far.


N1 is a gas station that is ALL OVER Iceland. On the plane ride over here, all the advertisements were about N1 and there slogan is "Meet me at N1." That's been a running joke this whole time.


The super blue water of the fjord. However when it's cloudy out, the water has a more depressing gray color. But the blue is beautiful.


Two trolls on the main street of town. Icelanders believe in elves and trolls, so I guess this is their way of showing it. The boy on the right is my Icelandic little brother and the other boy is his friend.


The main street of town.


The giant church in Akureyri. Icelanders certainly like their churches large.


The oldest building in Akureyri that has now been turned into a coffee place. Their hot chocolate wasn't half bad.


The schedule of events for the festival. There was a stage set up in the town circle and there was always someone on stage performing in some way.


My Icelandic family and I on our first fishing trip.


The fish that I caught flopping around in the grass. Then I got to eat him that night for dinner.


We went fishing on a river that ran through a farm and on one side of the field was a fenced in area of Icelandic horses.


We convinced them to come over to us by bribing them with tall grass.


They were so soft and this was probably the highlight of the fishing trip. Not that catching a fish wasn't fun, but the horses were really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment