Saturday, July 31, 2010

Photos from Reykjavik

Here's a long overdue update of photos. I forgot that when I was in Alaska I would incorporate the photos in my posts. I think I liked that more, especially since I tend to get back up this way. So starting with my next post, I'll try to get back to keeping the photos with the updates they belong with.


This is a shot of one of the dozens of cups of hot chocolate I've had from cafes and bakeries all over Iceland. This particular one has been my favorite to date and it was at a lovely little cafe about 5 minutes from my dorm in Reykjavik. I miss that place, especially with all the less than stellar hot chocolate I've had in Akureyri.



This is the outside of one of the geothermal plants near Reykjavik. It's pretty new, so it looks super modern, both inside and out.



The inside of the same geothermal power plant.



The president of Iceland's house. Even he has a white house. He lives just across the bay from Reykjavik.



The president of Iceland himself. He seemed like a great guy, very knowledgeable about both the happenings of his country and renewable energy technology.



A sunset on the bay where Reykjavik is located. This was probably a little before midnight and it doesn't get that much darker as the night goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment