Saturday, July 17, 2010

Photos

I'm currently sitting in the wonderful little cafe about a five minute walk from my dorm. I'm quite content because I've got some chocolate milk and this wonderful chocolate covered pastry for breakfast. But even better, they have wireless that doesn't block this site!

I think that means it's time for some photo updates. I'll start first with the sights of the city that I've captured so far and then move onto the Golden Circle tour from yesterday.


This is one of the first sights we saw on the day we arrived in Iceland. It's a HUGE church right at the center of time. One girl I met here was saying that in Iceland, church and state are together, so maybe that explains the prominent building. Or they just like to build large churches. Either way, it's rather pretty.



As we were walking downtown, we passed this guy standing on a ladder and juggling. And luckily he was Australian, which meant he was speaking English. He was pretty entertaining.



So this one isn't that exciting, but I really liked this spiral staircase. It was in one of the energy companies we visited.



They have some great graffiti around here. This was in an alley that has some cool stuff on either side.



The place where the North American plate meets the Eurasian plate. This is the land in the middle.



The ultra clear water. It's used as a wishing well, so it has a good amount of money in it.



Largest waterfall in Europe with a nice rainbow from all the mist.



Me and the waterfall, to prove I was actually there.



The geyser, pre-going off.



The geyser going off. And making everything smell like sulfur.

No comments:

Post a Comment